Intel® and Arduino Founders got together and produced low cost design for 32-bit micro- controller capable of speedy operation at low power consumption. In spring of 2016 new Arduino 101 board based on Intel® Curie™ Module slated to be relased on the US market . Outside USA the new board will be sold as Genuino 101.
Loaded with sensors, based on Intel Curie module, new Arduino 101 board will be available with Intel performance for low entry level price of $30.
Key Features of new Arduino 101
• A low-power, 32-bit Intel® Quark™ SE SoC
• 384kB Flash memory, 80kB SRAM
• A low-power integrated DSP sensor hub and pattern-matching technology
• Bluetooth* Low Energy
• 6-axis combo sensor with accelerometer and gyroscope
• Battery charging circuitry (PMIC)